THE SALVATION ARMY WILL REOPEN THRIFT STORES IN BAKER CITY, COOS BAY, THE DALLES, GRANTS PASS, MEDFORD, AND ROSEBURG
OREGON (May 14, 2020) - The Salvation Army Thrift Stores in Medford, Grants Pass, and Baker City will reopen on Friday, May 15. The Salvation Army will be following Phase 1 reopening guidelines provided by the State of Oregon and local counties for retail stores.
Thrift Stores in Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Marion Counties will remain closed until approved for Phase 1. Food boxes will continue to be available to the public.
The following steps are being taken as The Salvation Army moves forward:
- Sneeze/face shields (the acrylic shields) placed at each cashier station
- The double doors to the front of the store are being identified as one direction only for the entrance and exit
- Social distancing signs are being positioned throughout the store on the walls and floor
- We are installing three more hand sanitizers on the sales floor
- The dressing rooms will remain closed and unavailable to customers
- The bathrooms will remain locked and will be sanitized after each use
- Donors will not be allowed to come into the building from the back/donation receiving area
- Regular routine sanitizing of the doors, handles, carts, etc.. will be conducted throughout the day.
- All employees are required to wear masks.
“The Salvation Army is committed to keeping our customers and community safe,” said Major Daniel Henderson, Divisional Secretary for The Salvation Army Cascade Division.
When you shop at local Salvation Army thrift stores your money stays in your community to support local food pantries and youth programs.
The following locations will open Salvation Army Thrift Stores:
- Baker City located at 2505 Broadway St, Baker City, OR 97814
- Coos Bay located at 306 S 2nd St, Coos Bay, OR 97420
- Grants Pass located at 1377 Redwood Ave, Grants Pass, Oregon 97527
- Medford located at 922 N Central Ave, Medford, OR 97501
- Roseburg located at 3030 NE Stephens St, Roseburg, OR 97470
- The Dalles located at 623 E 3rd St, The Dalles, OR 97058
These are challenging and uncertain times for us all. Be assured, The Salvation Army in Oregon is hard at work to meet the needs of our community by providing food to the hungry and sharing hope in the place of fear. Food boxes remain available for the public across Oregon:
- Baker City, food boxes are available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:30 PM – 4 PM at 2505 Broadway Baker City, OR 97814
- Grants Pass, food boxes are available Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 11 AM located at 1377 Redwood Ave, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Jackson County, food boxes are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9 AM - 3 PM located at 304 Beatty St, Medford, OR 97501.
- Portland, Operation Share Hope continues at Lloyd Center on Mondays, East Hill Church on Wednesdays, and Clackamas Town Center on Fridays from 9 AM - 1 PM.
- Roseburg, food boxes are available Tuesday - Friday from 1 PM - 4 PM located at 3130 NE Stephens St, Roseburg, OR 97470.
For additional food box locations across Oregon visit cascade.salvationarmy.org.
The Salvation Army continues to serve the most vulnerable communities around Oregon. Since March 14, The Salvation Army across Oregon has provided:
- 43,153 Meals
- 43,726 Beverages
- 33,380 Food boxes
- 8,315 Sheltered Individuals
This crisis is stretching our resources, and we need your help. Give now at cascade.salvationarmy.org.